Stay Out on That Dance Floor
I know you’ve been there: out on the town with the intent of two-steppin’ all night. Yet, instead of tearing up the dance floor, you find yourself posted up by the second song because your feet are killing you because you didn’t wear the right dance boot.
What you wouldn’t give for a cowgirl boot that keeps you looking great for a night out and can keep up with your moves!
That’s why I put together a list of comfy cowboy boots that make it possible to spin, twist, and dip all night. Although some cost a pretty penny, the silver lining is they’ll last long enough to become the of pass down to the next generation of dancers.
Most Comfortable Cowboy Boots for Dancing:
- Chisos No. 3 (Women’s boot)
- Chisos No. 2 (Men’s boot)
- Justin Guthrie Square Toe (Women’s boot)
- Lucchese Tori Hand Tooled Feather (Women’s boot)
- Tin Haul Mish and Mash (Women’s boot)
Chisos No. 3 (Style & Comfort)
Newer to the cowboy boot scene, Chisos No. 3 has unmatched comfort with an elegant finish.
Chisos Boot Company (based in my home state of Texas!) combines the traditional methods of handcrafted cowboy boots with modern day insole technology. You’ll keep dancing all night with these boots!
Chisos is turning heads with their comfortable cowboy boots for dancing, brown brush off leather, and one-of-a-kind comfort insoles.
These stunning chocolate brown boots boast a unique tanning process that makes the leather incredibly soft with no break in period, so you can hit the dance floor as fast as… umm, some funny Texas joke about being fast!
Fun Fact: The brown brush off leather starts almost black, then Chisos removes the top layer to expose a patina that is unique to every boot they produce.
Chisos has taken technology you usually only see in performance athletic wear and created a handcrafted boot around their Comfort Insole System.
Not only are their products uber-comfortable, they’re ethically made in a small shop using only retired dairy cowhide (read: no calfskin). Best of all, the company gives a portion of top line revenue back to land conservation efforts.
What’s to love?
- Comfort Insole System that feels more like a tennis shoe
- Traditional handcrafted boots
- Channel welt
- 100% full leather heel counter
- Soft slightly distressed leather (no breaking in)
- Incredible durability
And guess what, gents?
Chisos makes equally comfortable cowboy boots for men. You and your cowgirl can dance the night away in matching square toe brown brush off boots when you pull on the Chisos No 2.
Justin Guthrie Square Toe Western Cowboy Boot (Comfort)
The J-flex comfort system and rubber sole are (literally) foundational elements of the Guthrie Chocolate Square Toe Boot.
Built to last for years, Justin boots are equestrian favorites known for comfort and quality. The boots come with removable inserts that cushion your feet and help distribute impact.
What’s to love?
- J-flex comfort system
- Stabilization technology
- Single stitch welt
- Long-lasting quality leather boot
- Leather sole for sliding across the dance floor
Lucchese Tori Hand Tooled Feather (Style)
Oh, the feather Lucchese! With a bit of a higher heel height, this cowboy boot brings head-turning style to the dance floor.
Not only do these boots have a quality leather outsole for long-lasting durability, they feature hand-braided pull straps and a beautiful hand-tooled leather feather.
A lightly cushioned leather insole means you’ll enjoy all-day (and all-night) comfort.
After you break them in a little, the leather will mold to the contours of your foot, further personalizing the fit. And, as always, they’re made with a rolled and pegged shank and lemon wood pegs for arch support.
What’s to love?
- S5 toe design
- Stylish feathered design
- Durable enough for daily wear
- Cushioned with arch support
Tin Haul Mish and Mash (Design)
The loud and proud Tin Haul Mish and Mash Boots are truly works of art! Add some glitz and glam to your night out with metallic tones and brand-exclusive sole imagery.
The walking heel is great for comfort, and they have cushioned insoles.
And don’t worry: these boots are still slick enough to slide around the dance floor.
What’s to love?
- Metallic copper and silver triangle patchwork design
- 13″ Metallic copper shaft
- Cushioned insole
- Premium leather lining
- Artsy soles
Finding the Perfect Fit
For dancing, perhaps even more than walking around all day, flexibility and bend are critical — especially on the ball of your foot.
Your ideal boots should have long-lasting cushion, but that doesn’t mean they have to be super thick. After all, it’s not like you need to run marathons in your two-steppers.
Boot Fitting Tips:
- Ensure your foot feels snug, but not tight. Your heel, however, should slip around a little when you get new boots. Once they’re broken in, the boot leather will become soft and conform to your foot so the heels stabilizes.
- Confirm the ball of your foot sits in the widest part of the boot so you don’t get squashed toes.
- The boot instep should fit more snugly over the top of your foot than a typical tennis shoe instep.
Spin, Twirl, and Stomp
Don’t let fun times with your friends be cut short by painful cowboy boots. Any of these comfortable cowboy boots help your feet stay happy and you stay out on the dance floor until last call.
P.S. Enjoy this article? Trot on over to:
- 9 Best Cowboy Boots for Working Hard (and Playing Hard)
- 12 Most Comfortable Cowboy Boots for Walking All Day Long
- 12 Best Cowboy Boots Brands You Won’t Regret
- Hobbling is for Horses: 7 Most Comfortable Cowgirl Boots
- These Boots Are Made for Working: Best Pull-On Work Boots
- 13 Best Boots for Horseback Riding Lessons
- 9 Rookie-Approved Horseback Riding Boots for Beginners
- $hit Happens: Best Boots for Mucking Stalls