Pamper your little piggies and keep aches and pains at bay with these top-rated pull on work boots.
You spend a lot of time on your feet at work. They support you (literally) and keep you functioning throughout the day. The right pair of boots (like the aptly-named Ariat Workhog) is vital to your comfort. But, with so many boots out there, of every style and purpose, making a smart purchase can feel overwhelming.
Pull-on boots are convenient, comfortable, and flexible when it comes to work—and play, for that matter. Your feet will be thanking you after your first day of work in these great pull on work boots.
Summary: Top 10 Pull On Work Boots
|Best Pull On Work Boots||Distinction||Key Features|
|Ariat Workhog RT Waterproof Composite Toe Boot (Amazon)||Best Overall Pull On Work Boot||
|Redback Men’s Safety Bobcat Steel Toe Leather Work Boot (Amazon)||Best Boot Without Laces||
|Irish Setter Men’s Wellington Work Boot (Amazon)||Best Breathable Pull On Work Boots||
|Durango Men’s Patriotic Flag Boot (State Line Tack)||Best Western Pull On Work Boots||
|KEEN Utility Men’s Detroit Slip On Boot (Amazon)||Best Lightweight Pull On Work Boots||
|Ariat Mens Heritage Roughstock Boot (State Line Tack)
|Best Boots for Roughnecking||
|Timberland Men’s Linden Chelsea Alloy Toe Industrial Shoe (Amazon)||Best Pull On Work Boots for Plantar Fasciitis||
|Caterpillar Men’s Timber Steel Toe Work Boot (Amazon)||Best Pull On Work Boots for Concrete||
|Justin Men’s Double Comfort Pull On Work Boot (State Line Tack)||Best Pull On Work Boots for Flat Feet||
|Ariat Ladies Terrain Pull-On H2O Boot (State Line Tack)||Best Pull On Work Boots for Women||
Ready to pull on your perfect boot? Read on!
Pros and Cons of Pull On Boots
Extreme weather conditions and rugged job sites require work wear as hardy as your job description. From construction sites to farms and ranches, the boots you wear impact the quality of your work and the amount of energy you have left at the end of the day.
After all, who can stay focused on the job with aching feet? And who really wants to go out for a night on the town when your feet and legs are throbbing at the end of the day?
We evaluated the top 10 pull on work boots with the following characteristics in mind:
- Long-Term Durability (e.g. construction, waterproof, steel toe)
- All-Day Comfort (e.g. cushion, flexibility)
- Proper Fit
Though pull on work boots are popular for many reasons, we’d be remiss not to mention one detractor. Without laces, you cannot increase or decrease the support your feet and ankles receive. That is why we included fit as one of our three primary evaluation metrics—it’s extra important for pull on styles.
Best Overall Pull On Work Boot
This boot was made for tough environments and will have your feet feeling cushioned the minute you slip them on. The boot easily met our durability, comfort, and fit goals.
- Waterproof and tested in rain, puddles, and snow.
- The safety toe provides protection from equipment, animals, or anything else you might come across–or that might come across your toes!
- The Duratread outsole provides extra traction.
- They’re full grain leather, so maintaining the waterproof feature will require re-application of a waterproofing product.
- To meet the fit requirement, these boots are snug. For some people, that snugness is uncomfortable.
- Ariat sizing is different than conventional sizing. Use their size chart.
Love the classic western cowboy boot look? Check out our 16 best cowboy boots.
Best Boots Without Laces
They know a thing or two about work boots in the Australian Outback. We love these RedbacK work boots and the fit they provide. They feel like wearing a boot with laces without the extra time to lace up or the aggravation of a snapped lace.
- Anatomic cushioned insole reduces foot fatigue, and achy legs.
- Thick leather is stronger than most other boots.
- Perfect for the work site, or a trip to town.
- Australian sizing can be challenging.
- Not a Waterproof boot.
- Wider than standard work boots.
Best Breathable Pull On Work Boots
It is hard to find work boots that are truly breathable, but these fit the bill. The UltraDry component in these boots offers moisture management and waterproof construction.
- Competitively priced for a quality boot.
- Sole and heel construction protects against electrical hazard.
- Waterproof work boot, yet great looking.
- Tough to fit to high-arch feet.
- Snugger fit.
- Lots of stitching puts long-term durability more at risk.
Best Western Pull On Work Boots
Show your American pride with these boots! The sole also displays its patriotism, giving you a bit of extra individuality as you walk along that’s sure to get attention.
- The Durango Suspension System provides all-day comfort.
- Cushioning in the sole lightens your steps and is removable.
- Double stitching increases durability.
- Soft toe – No safety toe protection.
- Sizes run small.
- The flag on the shaft of the boot is hidden under your pant leg.
Best Lightweight Pull On Work Boots
These boots are a great hybrid, easily transitioning from the job site to errands, or hiking a trail. They offer comfort and security without the bulk of a traditional work boot.
- Wide toe and narrow ankle provide a secure fit.
- Steel toe offers protection.
- The sole provides good traction in any situation.
- They are not the most attractive boot.
- Water resistant, but definitely not waterproof.
- Need to be broken in a bit more.
Best Boots for Roughnecking
There is a reason this boot is a classic favorite. It’s built for the range and is widely used among working cowboys. Give them a try, and you’ll love them too.
- Square toe for comfortable fit.
- ATS insole offers support and comfort.
- Beautiful stitching makes an attractive boot.
- No toe protection.
- They’re Ariats, use the provided size chart.
- Leather requires maintenance and care.
Love the classic western look? Check out our 16 best cowboy boots.
Best Pull On Work Boots for Plantar Fasciitis
It is hard to find boots that are breathable, but these are made of Raptek Microfiber and have a mesh lining.
- Competitively priced for a quality boot.
- The mesh lining allows the boots to breathe and helps control odor.
- The footbed has built-in anti-fatigue features will offer relief.
- Sizes run small.
- Not waterproof.
- Need to be broken in for ideal fit.
Best Pull On Work Boots for Concrete
Sometimes, you can’t beat the original! Caterpillar knows how to build boots for working on concrete, and this pair does not disappoint.
- Ergonomic design and rubber sole are ideal for long days on concrete surfaces.
- Steel toe and other safety features.
- Nylon mesh lining for breathability.
- The light colored sole shows dirt quickly.
- Need bootcut pants to fit over the shaft.
- Not waterproof nor water resistant.
Best Pull On Work Boots for Flat Feet
Flat feet? No problem. In a pair of Justin Men’s Double Comfort Pull On Work Boots, you will forget your flat feet as you experience comfort all day in your work environment.
- Work roper heel aids in comfort.
- Cushioned insole assists flat feet to avoid fatigue.
- Stylish that looks great at work or on a night out.
- Doesn’t have a steel toe.
- Although resistant to moisture they’re not waterproof.
- Round toe can squish toes when compared to a square toe option.
Best Pull On Work Boots for Women
Do not settle for a men’s boot. Women’s feet are built differently, and comfort and fit depend on a design that was made for women. Ariat offers a timeless boot that fits your foot while protecting it on a long day at work.
- Western and work boot combine for a classic style and fit.
- ATS sole provides comfort and support.
- Pants are supposed to be tucked into the boot.
- Calf is loose on some some women.
- Sizes run small.
If the Boot Fits
There are a few popular brands of pull on boots that are conspicuously absent from our list. Why?
They failed comfort and durability standards for our recommendations. The boot notoriously causes back and leg pain when worn all day. Maybe it does not for you, and if not, that is great. (It has high ratings on Amazon, so it could just be us.)
That said, we’re excited about the options on this list. With 10 pairs of quality pull on work boots to choose from, you’ll never have aches and pains at the end of the work day again. Pull on your favorite pair, and get back to work!
P.S. Enjoy this article? Trot on over to:
- 7 Best Steel Toe Cowboy Boots for Hard-Working Women
- 7 Most Comfortable Cowboy Boots for Walking All Day Long
- 16 Best Cowboy Boots (Men, Women, Fashion, Riding, Work)
- 13 Best Horseback Riding Boots for Lessons
- 9 Rookie-Approved Horse Riding Boots for Beginners
- 9 Best Boots for Western Horseback Riding
- 10 Best Men’s Cowboy Boots (Western, Fashion, Work, Wide)