This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Horse girls – easy to love hard to afford. Thats how the saying goes, however I think my previous boyfriends would beg to differ. Sure we are hard to afford (not that I ever asked anyone to pay my way), but easy to love…?
In my newly found single state I started to ponder what equestrian girls would say on their dating profiles if they were entirely honest about the commitment, sacrifice and obsession that comes with the life we choose.
1. You will always come second to my horse, it will be easiest if you accept this now.
2. I will be late to 90% of our scheduled plan because #horses
3. No not going to my horse each day is not an option so don’t even bother asking
4. If you ask me to do things on a weeknight, I will turn up to smelling like horse and covered in slobber (see point 3).
5. I own a gelding so I will voluntarily clean his sheath, but you’d best not be expecting more than a kiss on the first date
6. There are 10 photos of my horse on my profile because you’ll essentially be in a relationship with my horse.
7. The way to my heart is to tell me my horse is pretty and talented.
8. My hobbies outside of horses including running to keep fit and icing my joints because horses have made me old before my time.
9. Yes my five year plan involves babies… baby horses!
10. Marriage…? Meh, take it or leave it, I’m just not convinced that it will make me a better rider…
Andrea is an Adult Amateur dressage rider who competes at medium level on her 13-year-old mare Mon Ami. Andrea shares her journey through the equestrian world on her blog The Sand Arena Ballerina and is working on an equestrian podcast called Equestrian Pulse.