About the Vlog
Matt Harnacke is an Italian-Australian dressage rider and international model for brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Thom Brown, and Longines. Now based in the Netherlands, he also works as an FEI influencer to engage new audiences through fashion and social media. Most importantly, though, he’s passionate about his horses, their health and happiness, and the journey of lifelong learning.
Watch the Vlog
Matt is newer to the equestrian vlogging scene, and his channel combines classical dressage, fashion, horse and stable management, trick training, and lighthearted adventures with his friends.
- Matt: He runs the channel and is the main rider/narrator.
- Chase: Tall, dark (red), and handsome, Chase is Matt’s main dressage partner and beautiful mover.
- Bear: Purchased as a companion for Chase, this silver dapple miniature horse is also learning new tricks.
- Emporio: This young grey Andalusian stallion is Matt’s up-and-coming dressage prospect.
- Sureno: Lighter grey than Emporio, this big PRE stallion is the newest addition to Matt’s herd.
- Jesse: Matt’s friend and stablemate in the Netherlands, Jesse a fixture on the vlog and also runs his own YouTube channel.
Love dressage, too? Check out our 4 Dressage Fashion Trends & Salute-Worthy Styles.
10 Reasons to Subscribe
- Matt is an authentic and lighthearted narrator who enjoys taking subscribers along on daily adventures.
- He is classical dressage rider with impeccable position, feel, and passion for the sport.
- Chase is a beautiful mover with a heart of gold, and viewers get to see him at work and at play.
- Matt’s close-knit group of friends, especially Jesse, add humor, color commentary, and advice to many of the vlogs.
- His horses are kept at home, so viewers get to see the ins and outs of Matt’s day-to-day horse life.
- Longines created a 5-part documentary series about Matt and Chase moving from Australia to the Netherlands that is a fascinating insider look at global horse transportation.
- Bear is an adorable miniature horse who is both Chase’s companion and an up-and-coming trick horse.
- Subscribers will get to watch Emporio and Sureno work up through the dressage levels.
- He inspires you to follow your dreams no matter what and proves it’s possible to balance a successful career and equestrian aspirations.
- Matt isn’t afraid to try new things to keep his horses engaged (and take viewers along for the ride). He even jumps Chase from time to time!
Bonus: Matt also made Shelby Dennis’ Best 15 Equestrian Vloggers List.
Love this vlog? Help spread the word by sharing this post on Pinterest!
Horse Rookie’s Top 5 Playlist
Not sure where to start? Here are 5 videos that help give you a sense of the content and decide if this channel is right for you.
- Flying My Horse Across the World (Episode 1)
- Bear Melting Your Heart for One Minute Straight
- Stable Tour with Matt and Jesse
- Dressage Horse Tries Jumping
- Two Boys Try to Give Their Tack Room a Makeover
How to watch
If you’re interested in watching this channel, click below to see it on YouTube.Watch the Vlog Return to Media Guide Shop Riding Essentials on Amazon
P.S. If you enjoy this vlog, you might also like: