About the Vlog
Don’t you wish sometimes that you had a genie that would tell you exactly what you need to do to get that training breakthrough with your horse? Well, Warwick Schiller is no genie, but he will give you the principles for solving issues in horse training through his vlog channel.
His secret? Simple principles and unconditional empathy for your horse.
Watch the Vlog
World-renowned horse trainer and rider, Warwick Schiller, breaks down the most complex of problems with horses to very simple, understandable principles that are applicable to every equestrian discipline under the sun. If you’re looking to become a better rider away from the barn, look no further.
- Warwick: A rider of various disciplines, Warwick is renowned for not only his titles as NRHA (National Reining Horse Association) Reserve World Champion and for representing Australia at the 2010 & 2018 World Equestrian Games, but also for his ability to convey his effortless training style to fellow equestrians with overwhelming success. An Aussie native, he moved to the USA in his twenties to pursue his riding career and now lives with his wife, Robyn, in Hollister, CA.
- Robyn: A true California horse-crazy girl, Robyn is a decorated NRHA equestrian, having secured a World Championship & Rookie of the Year award (amongst others). She is often running things behind-the-scenes (especially the camera). They’re an incredible team who truly work together to change the lives of both horses and riders.
- Horse & Rider Duos: Warwick loves working with riders and horses through issues they’re experiencing. It’s amazing how much he can utilize the horse and rider’s skill-set and relationship to bring them to success together quickly.
“It’s not about how hard you pull. It’s about how light you train your horse to be.” ~ Warwick Schiller
10 Reasons to Subscribe
- World-Class Horseman: Warwick Schiller has ridden various disciplines and has both won NRHA titles and trained other successful professional riders. What sets him apart, however, is his ability to convey training principles with ease while not reinventing the wheel. He uses what the rider already knows, and simply reframes their thinking to help solve issues with their horses.
- Journey On Podcast: Warwick created the Journey On Podcast to share transformational lessons and stories from his life, and often invites fellow equestrian professionals to do the same.
- The Principles of Training Series: Warwick Schiller’s channel features this incredible series that teaches you building blocks of horse training in digestible and impactful videos. Check out the playlists for Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3.
- His Client’s Success is His Success: At this point, Warwick’s success isn’t in winning more titles. It’s seeing a horse and rider’s partnership transformed–and often, it happens in a much shorter time frame than one might expect.
- Lightness is the Name of the Game: Perhaps it’s his reining background, or perhaps it’s his personal philosophy, but he’s intentional about rein use: “Don’t ever touch the reins unless you want something, and don’t ever forget you’re holding it.”
- Choose Where You Work, Choose Where You Rest: Warwick’s training principles are simple and instantly applicable. For example, he teaches you to give your horse a choice between working, where they’re comfortable, and resting, where they’re uncomfortable. For an example, check out our sample video at the bottom of this guide.
- Thinking Differently is Better Than Doing Differently: A lot of riders already have the skills they need to correct the issues with their horses. With a little reframing to understand the horse’s perspective, and a LOT of empathy for the horse, riders can see a positive shift in their training almost immediately.
- Training On-Demand: If you love the free training on the Warwick Schiller YouTube channel, you might want to consider diving deeper into his video subscription library. For just $29.95 per month (or annually for a 25% discount), you can watch any of the 600+ videos that cover nearly every kind of riding/horsemanship topic. Alternatively, you can purchase DVDs or take one of his online courses to get a taste of Warwick’s teaching method.
- Horse Training is a Family Business: Even though it’s typically Warwick on camera with hoses and clients, Robyn is often running the camera (among other things), while his son, Tyler, spent a year on the ranch building up the video library before moving to Hawaii to continue working on the business remotely.
- Feeling Stuck? You can take a virtual lesson! Warwick’s students aren’t limited to local riders and trainers. If you’ve been watching for a while, but feel you need someone to actually watch you work with your horse, you can book a virtual lesson, where Warwick watches a video of you with your horse and gives you feedback from there!
Love this vlog? Help spread the word by sharing this post on Pinterest!
Horse Rookie’s Top 5 Playlist
Not sure where to start? Here are 5 videos that help give you a sense of the content and decide if this channel is right for you.
- An Exercise to Help Relieve Separation Anxiety
- Helping A Grand Prix Dressage Rider
- How to Avoid a Freak Accident With Horses
- The Mental Aspects of the Flying Lead Change
- A Mustang That Spooks At Objects On The Ground
How to watch
If you’re interested in watching this channel, click below to see it on YouTube.Watch the Vlog Return to Media Guide Shop Riding Essentials on Amazon
P.S. Enjoy this article? Trot on over to:
- Letter to My Rookie Self: Warwick Schiller
- Media Guide: Young Black Equestrians Podcast
- Media Guide: Sisters Horsing Around Vlog
- Letter to My Rookie Self: Emily Harris
- Braided: A Herd Dynamic (Horse Rookie Diversity Initiative)
- Small Business Spotlight: The Positive Equestrian
- 32 Things You Can Do Now to Calm Your Riding Nerves Forever
- When Should You Start Horse Riding Lessons
- How to Ride and Show Horses Without a Trust Fund