About the Vlog
If you’re looking for a vlog that’s equal parts adventure, learning, and carpe diem, look no further than Riding Remington, a vlog that shows the day-by-day happenings of an eventer and her equine partner, Remington.
Watch the Vlog
Sophie and her dazzling gypsy cob, Rem, share the ups and downs of balancing life, work, and play as they together take on their training with spunk, passion, and a whole lot of fun!
- Sophie: Sophie is the creator of the Riding Remington vlog channel. Flight attendant by day and otherwise full-time horse mom, she’s positive, fun, and makes competing and learning look so effortless.
- Remington: A “temperamental” gypsy cob with a Clydesdale-sized heart, Rem is a worker bee who defies all expectations. Named after Remingtonsteele, an 80’s American crime drama starring Pierce Brosnan, Remington is the most gorgeous black and white cob with a mane, tail, and feathers for days.
- Mara: No hero is complete without a sidekick, and Rem is no exception. On the farm, Remington is accompanied by Mara, an equally stunning cob who keeps him company in the stable and pasture. Mara’s registered name is Tamara Never Dies (a play on words of the James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies, which also happens to star Pierce Brosnan). Mara is a competitor herself, and Sophie will sometimes ride her between working with Rem..
Are you an eventer? Read our Hit Air Equestrian Vest Review to learn about this innovative safety gear.
10 Reasons to Subscribe
- Addictive Behind-the-Scenes Vlogs: When we say that Riding Remington is everything a vlog channel should be, we mean it. Here you’ll get the scoop on all things life and riding with Sophie and Rem, from daily training to the highs and lows of showing; from Sophie’s work trips to getting Rem’s feathery legs sparkly-white.
- Infectious Joy: Not only do we love watching Sophie and Remington on YouTube, but we love following their journey on Instagram as well! If you think that Sophie’s joyful attitude is infectious on camera, you’ll see all that and more on Instagram. She’s consistently honest, vulnerable, and compassionate to horse riders in every part of their journey, which serves to inspire all of us as we strive for the best with our horses.
- Sophie & Rem Were Omega Equine All-Star Academy Competitors! In 2019, Sophie and Remington got the opportunity to compete in the Omega Equine All-Star Academy, a reality tv show in the UK that features horse-and-rider duos who get to hone their riding skills with top trainers. Check out one of their show clips here.
- Sophie Proves That Leasing is Amazing: Purchasing a horse is not always the perfect situation for every rider, so it’s great to see such an excellent example of a horse leasing situation. Sophie treats Rem as though he were her own, always prioritizing his overall health and happiness (and he’s often mistaken as her horse because of it!).
- Catch the Eventing Bug: If you’re like us, you enjoy riding more than one discipline. Sophie and Rem show us just how fun eventing is and how different every day can be if you’re trying to be a well-rounded horse and rider team.
- Failure Isn’t Final: With Sophie and Rem, it’s not about being perfect, it’s about showing up day after day and giving it their all. You can see by watching their vlogs through the past couple of years that ups and downs are a normal part of a successful rider duo. You win some and you lose some (even in one day!) but all of it is part of becoming better athletes.
- You Won’t Even Realize How Much You’re Learning: Riding Remington is a classic vlog-style channel, which means high entertainment value if you’re a horse junkie like us. But what you may not realize through all the competition videos, clinic snapshots, care and recovery topics, and training, is that you’re bound to learn something new about horse ownership by watching.
- Get a Taste of Showing: Sometimes a great way to prepare yourself for showing is to visualize the positives of it, and Riding Remington does just that. If you’ve never shown before, Riding Remington show vlogs are a fantastic way to get a feel for the process beforehand.
- Take Lessons Through Sophie & Rem: If you’ve been riding for a while, you likely know that watching lessons can strengthen your skills between rides. In addition to vlogs about weekend hacking, competitions, and at-home training, Sophie shares videos of her lessons with the intent of learning from them.
- Best Buds Through Thick & Thin: For Sophie, the rider’s life isn’t just about working, training, and showing, but also about making sure that Rem is happy and well-cared for. These two are an amazing example of the bond that happens between a horse and rider when mutual respect and affection is present.
Love this vlog? Help spread the word by sharing this post on Pinterest!
Horse Rookie’s Top 5 Playlist
Not sure where to start? Here are 5 videos that help give you a sense of the content and decide if this channel is right for you.
- Bathing a Horse with Lots of White
- Come And Ride with Us (Field & Beach Hack)
- Equestrian Morning Routine
- Polework Exercises (Sharing Some Schooling Ideas)
- Show Jumping Lesson (Rem is on FIRE!)
How to watch
If you’re interested in watching this channel, click below to see it on YouTube.Watch the Vlog Return to Media Guide Shop Riding Essentials on Amazon
P.S. If you enjoy this vlog, you might also like: