About the Vlog
If you’re looking for a fun way to peek behind-the-scenes of what it takes to be an equestrian professional rider and trainer, look no further than Evention TV. Though the sport may not receive as much press as other disciplines, eventers are known in the horse world for being well-rounded equestrians. Competitors need to be top-notch in cross country jumping, dressage, and stadium jumping. Though this channel is no longer active, per se, we love going back to these timeless videos for advice.
Watch the Vlog
Evention TV takes a peek behind the curtain of a top eventing training farm, Schramm Equestrian, to learn tips that will help you whether you’re a novice or an advanced rider, alongside vlogs that share day-to-day happenings at the farm.
- Dom: Dominic “Schrammo” Schramm is an Australian eventer who lives and competes in the US. He’s a horse trainer, natural teacher, clinician, and co-owner of Schramm Equestrian.
- Jimmie: Jimmie Schramm is Dom’s wife. Native of Texas, she is also a top-notch eventer with an upbeat, can-do attitude, and a great sense of humor.
- Stephanie: Stephanie works and rides at Schramm Equestrian. She’s often helping Jimmie and Dom with the daily care of the horses and providing support at shows. Evention TV “Along for the Ride” vlogs chronicle her journey with Deuce, her first horse, from the time she purchases him to polishing his talent and eventually selling him to a great home for him to excel.
- Team Members: Schramm Equestrian is made of up a team of riders! Eventers often have teams, and it’s really fun to watch the different riders learn together with their horses behind-the-scenes at the farm.
- The Horses: Schramm Equestrian is always working with new horses. Each horse differs in talent and personality. It’s fun to see how Jimmie and Dom work with them to bring out the best in each one.
Are you an eventer? Read our Hit Air Equestrian Vest Review to learn about this innovative safety gear.
10 Reasons to Subscribe
- Fun and useful videos: Each video is packed with an equal balance of fun and information. Dom and Jimmie are excellent teachers who love bringing out the best in riders and horses — it shows in how they can break down complicated issues into simple steps.
- Dom and Jimmie are the ultimate horsey power-couple: Jimmie was searching for a horse over a decade ago when a mutual friend told her that Dom “has a horse in Australia that would be great for you and you will probably fall in love with him too.” The couple married in 2010 and founded Schramm Equestrian in 2012. The rest, as they say, is history!
- Horse care tutorials: Though the channel is largely focused on riding, Evention TV has a collection of horse care tips. From first aid for your horse, winterizing the barn, and bathing to clipping, how to pack a hoof, and more, you’ll learn a ton.
- Horseback riding tips for rookies: We love content that allows rookie riders to learn right away, and Evention TV has plenty. Their videos on mastering the sitting trot, structuring your flatwork ride, picking up the correct canter lead, and dealing with a spooky horse are all skills that benefit newbie riders.
- OTTB friendly: Dom has partnered with the Retired Racehorse project to bring helpful insight in the retraining process. Schramm Equestrian will often admit off the track Thoroughbreds into their program, applying patience and understanding to the huge transition that those equine athletes undergo.
- “Along for the Ride” series: This series follows the more traditional form of a vlog and reveals a lot of what goes on behind-the-scenes at Schramm Equestrian. You may catch the daily routine of riding and maintaining the (swoon-worthy) farm, a spontaneous jump-off with the team, and even Dom’s citizenship process.
- Evention TV episodes: These episodes are mini tv-style episodes that center around learning something new about riding. Each episode is quick and applicable, and you’re bound to get sucked in quickly.
- Well-rounded jumping advice: Believe it or not, Dom not only teaches jumping, but also dressage, which is beneficial for jumpers, too. Jumpers can find specialized videos on skills like jumping a corner, keeping your horse from rushing a jump, and building a safe show jump course.
- Teachers at heart, to riders and horses: Dom and Jimmie are natural teachers that care about bringing out the best in their horses and riders. They centered the channel around teaching fundamentals that benefit riders at many stages in their journey.
- Team over individual: If you spend any amount of time watching the vlogs of Schramm Equestrian, you’ll quickly see their culture of helping each other succeed. Their laid-back, team-player attitude is also evident in how relaxed and positive the horses are after they’ve spent some time at the farm.
Love this vlog? Help spread the word by sharing this post on Pinterest!
Horse Rookie’s Top 5 Playlist
Not sure where to start? Here are 5 videos that help give you a sense of the content and decide if this channel is right for you.
- Three cavaletti exercises
- Along for the ride episode 2
- Improve your jumping position
- How to load a horse on a trailer
- How to school a horse that rushes at jumps
How to watch
If you’re interested in watching this channel, click below to see it on YouTube.Watch the Vlog Return to Media Guide Shop Riding Essentials on Amazon
P.S. If you enjoy this vlog, you might also like:
Leave a Comment