Advice about horseback riding in college
Collegiate equestrians weigh in on riding, rookie mistakes, and balancing study and saddle time
Our college experiences shape who we are, how we view the world, and our professional and personal futures. So do horses. Combining academics and equines? Talk about a match made in horse heaven!
That’s why we’re profiling equestrian athletes about life on college teams (english or western), what they’ve learned, and how they balance responsibilities at the barn and hitting the books.
These students inspire us with their honestly, tenacity, and passion for horses. We can’t wait to see what their futures hold!
Featured College Profiles
- Alexi Nielson
- Alyssa Simin
- Blythe Poor
- Brandon Morin
- Bryant Fox
- Caitlin Boyle
- Charity Thacker
- Charlotte Chubb
- Eva Epstein
- Gabrielle Fournier
- Hope Chisar
- Jessie Hood
- Jordan Gates
- Julia Roshelli
- Katie Altenhofel
- Kendall Cox
- Mackenzie Ashe
- Morgan Knerr
- Shelbe Jarrett
- Travis Fortune
- More Coming Soon!
Nominate a College Equestrian
Know a student rider who deserves to be profiled on Horse Rookie? As long as he or she meets the requirements below, you can nominate participants using this short form. We’ll review and get in touch with the nominee shortly.
NOTE: You may nominate yourself!
- Love horses (any skill/riding level/discipline).
- Be a current college student (any year/any school).
- Be a member in good standing of your school’s equestrian team.
- Provide written answers to a short questionnaire.
- Provide a head shot and at least one photo of the student riding or hanging out with horses. (If you’re anything like us, your phone is full of horse pictures!)
- Complete our online contributor waiver.