Horse Rookie College Road Trip
Collegiate Equestrians Across the USA Weigh in on Riding, Rookie Mistakes, and Balancing Study and Saddle Time
What is the Horse Rookie College Road Trip?
Our college experiences shape who we are, how we view the world, and our professional and personal futures. So do horses. Combining academics and equines? Talk about a match made in horse heaven!
So, we’re hitting the virtual highway to profile equestrian athletes across the US about life on college teams (english or western), what they’ve learned, and how they balance responsibilities at the barn and hitting the books.
Each participant will be featured in a interview-style blog post on HorseRookie.com and be considered for one of our horse fund “mini scholarships” and guest contributor roles for our site! (More on that below.)
How to Nominate Someone
Visit this short form to nominate a college equestrian team member who should be featured in this series (or nominate yourself!). We’ll review your response and get in touch with the nominee shortly.Click to Nominate
- Love horses (any skill/riding level/discipline).
- Be a current college student (any year/any school).
- Be a current member of your school’s equestrian team (in good standing).
- Provide written answers to a short questionnaire.
- Provide a head shot and at least one photo of you riding or hanging out with horses. (If you’re anything like us, your phone is full of horse pictures!)
- Complete our online contributor waiver.
*We’ll provide a link to your interview once it’s published so you can spread the word on your social media channels, team website, and with fellow teammates and friends!
What’s in it for Students?
- Share your advice, perspective, and experience to help other equestrians.
- You (and your school team) are featured in this nation-wide blog series.
- You may reference your guest post in your collegiate writing portfolio.
- We’ll extend invites for 3-5 contributors to author additional content on HorseRookie.com. This is a great way to get your name out there, research and write about horse-related topics, and bolster your résumé!
Contact Asst. Rookie Abby at email@example.com.
We believe “knowledge is horsepower.” Our site is geared toward horse pros and rookies who want to learn more about horse care, equipment, and riding. We strive to provide quality information that helps (especially) inexperienced equestrians find answers to common questions, solve problems, make smarter decisions, and live their best horse-crazy lives.