About the Vlog
Gemma is an Irish equestrian who vlogs about jumping her horse Murphy, motherhood, and pregnancy. She’s been sharing videos for nearly a decade, and anyone who loves show jumping and cross country should follow Gemma’s channel.
Watch the Vlog
Watching Gemma train Murphy into the horse he is today has been inspiring. I love watching them school jumps at home and cross country, as well as seeing how she balances motherhood and riding.
- Gemma: She runs the channel and is the main rider/narrator.
- Murphy: Her horse Murphy is a super scopey jumper and the equine star of her channel.
- Jonah: Gemma’s first child is lucky enough to grow up with horses, and he’s often ringside while Gemma rides.
- Theo: Gemma’s second child is also growing up with plenty of barn visits and Murphy nuzzles.
If you love Gemma’s motherhood videos, make sure to read Baby on Board: Horseback Riding While Pregnant.
10 Reasons to Subscribe
- Gemma is an endearing, transparent, and fun-loving narrator.
- She’s close friends with equestrian vloggers Holly Lenahan, NEddiesGun, and AlfusAlly, so you’ll enjoy videos of them riding together. She even visited NEddiesGun in Dubai!
- One of my favorite things about Gemma is how she can laugh when things don’t go well. Watching her (and her friends) laugh in the face of poor distances, falls, and mistakes reminds me that riding doesn’t always have to be so serious!
- She got Murphy as a totally green 3-year-old and trained him herself, so this channel is especially inspirational to those training their own horses from scratch.
- Gemma worked really hard to be able to buy her own horse and pay for Murphy’s ongoing care. If you’re a struggling equestrian and it feels like everyone else got a leg up (pun intended), this channel reminds you that you CAN do this!
- She has a great community, so many of Gemma’s videos include her hilarious friends and their horses, too.
- Gemma and Murphy school show jumping and cross country, so jumpers will love seeing their progress.
- Murphy is a big mover and a lot to handle. If you’ve go your hands full, too, Gemma’s journey will inspire you to stay persistent and patient.
- Occasional competition and fox hunting videos are scattered throughout Gemma’s channel.
- Now that she’s a mother, Gemma is very open about sharing her experience balancing barn time and nap time.
Bonus: Gemma also made Shelby Dennis’ Best 15 Equestrian Vloggers List.
Love this vlog? Help spread the word by sharing this post on Pinterest!
Horse Rookie’s Top 5 Playlist
Not sure where to start? Here are 5 videos that help give you a sense of the content and decide if this channel is right for you.
- Channel Trailer
- Murphy Goes Fox Hunting
- Post-Baby Gridwork
- Show Jump Schooling
- Newborn Motherhood Day in the Life
Sample Video[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkBJyN9N6w]
How to watch
If you’re interested in watching this channel, click below to see it on YouTube.Watch the Vlog Return to Media Guide Shop Riding Essentials on Amazon
P.S. If you enjoy this vlog, you might also like: